Quality Assurance, also known as Software Testing is crucial to save cost, time, efforts and the standard of the product. This course include an understanding of testing approaches that can be integrated into the software lifecycle so that functional and easy-to-maintain products are designed and delivered without compromising on the grade and condition of the software product. Emphasis is put on tests to find and reporting bugs. You’ll learn how to decipher application of static and dynamic techniques, perform boundary value analysis, conduct walk-through and audits, organize test development processes as well as create a quality analysis and test plan. You’ll be able to excel and apply the principles of any type, size and complexity of software-based business system – across technical platforms. You will learn key testing concepts, such as Regression, Black Box/White Box, and User Acceptance, Alpha, Beta. Test Specification, Test Plan, Test Cases &, Bug Reporting are part of job description of a Quality Assurance Professional.
Did you know?
Interestingly, the history of Quality Assurance starts in World War II, when ammunition had to be tested for performance. Nowadays, the end purpose of Quality Assurance is to correct potential errors before the product is released. Quality Assurance can be associated with every possible field of activity, from banking and education to software and consulting. Quality Assurance is absolutely essential; without it, not only do organizations risk releasing products that are below market standards, but also lose money, wasted time and not fully exploit the potential of an idea.
Why learn and get Certified in Quality Assurance?
1. Demand for the software testers has seen the entire new rise in the recent time. The demand graph of the software tester has increased tremendously in the recent years
2. The need of Quality Analyst does not fall in the time of recession or economic downfall. The company growth might slow down but the job position for Quality Analysts never vanishes
3. Many Quality Analyst positions are project based so the better Tester you become the faster your salary will grow. New software is being developed every day all over the world
4. According to global research, every year Quality Assurance and Testing budgets are raised by 9% to achieve Company business objectives, thus creating a market for Quality Assurance professionals
5. Quality Assurance (QA) jobs gaining significance in the IT industry. May it be automation or manual software testing, demand for Quality Inspection experts/Quality Analyst is enormous!
After the completion of this course, Trainee will:
1. Knowledge in quality management processes, fundamental concepts in software testing process, manual testing process and automation testing process
2. Potential to segregate different activities of Quality Assurance, quality control, and quality planning
3. Capacity to Recognize the importance of standards in the quality management process and their influence on the final product
4. Calibre to apply quality tools to control and monitor processes to help in continuous improvement at workplace
5. Knowledge and skills to crack few globally recognized Quality Assurance certification programs
The fresher’s or the recent college graduate seeking success and high future prospect should choose the software testing training course. For those who have degree but want to have some additional skills should also appear for the Quality Assurance training and testing.
Prepare for Certification
Our training and certification program gives you a solid understanding of the key topics covered by Foundation and Advanced Level Certification exams. This is aimed at students who have recently completed their education and want to take up software testing as a profession. It is also taken up by experienced candidates who want to demonstrate their practical knowledge of software testing. In addition to boosting your income potential, getting certified, demonstrates your knowledge of the skills understanding of the fundamentals of software testing along with processes, tools, techniques and management methodology. The certification validates your ability to produce reliable, high-quality results with increased efficiency and consistency. Our training will help you clear certifications from reputed organizations like QAI Global Institute (QAIGI), ASQ® and ISQTB® certifications.
Unit 1: Software Testing Concepts
- Importance of software systems
- Common problems in software development and Software Bugs
- Testing Objectives
- What is Manual and Automation Testing?
- Tester Roles and Responsibilities
- Is testing really important?
- Why choosing Testing as career?
Unit 2: Software Development Life Cycle
- Software Life Cycle Stages
- Testing Stage in SDLC
- Cost of Defect Repair
- Risk of inadequate Testing
Unit 3: General topics
- Meetings, Software Environments, Application types
- Review, Walk through, KT and Kick off – Static Testing
- Different Components in software environments
- Difference between Development(Local), Test and Production Environments
- Web applications, Windows based applications and Intranet applications
- Differences between N Tier, Two tier etc
Unit 4: Testing types – Dynamic testing
- White box and Black box Testing, Gray Box Testing
- Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- System Testing Techniques
- Usability Testing, Functional Testing and Non Functional testing
Unit 5: Functional Testing Techniques
- GUI Testing
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Equivalence Class Partition
- Error guessing, Negative testing
- Back End testing
- Database Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Security testing
- Portability testing
- Configuration Testing
- Recovery Testing
Unit 6: Performance Testing Techniques
- Performance testing
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Scalability Testing
- Soak Testing
- Volume Testing
Unit 7: Identify Scenario based Test Cases
- What is Use case? Test Case Design
- Test Case Design Templates
- Types of Test Cases and Main qualities of Test cases
- Test Case Design Reviews
- Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Test Data Setup
- Importance of Test data in Testing
- Approach for gathering Test Data
- Benefits of Test data Gathering
- Managing Test data and creating Data Repositories
Unit 8: Bug/Defect/Error
- What is Bug?
- Difference between Bug and Defect.
- Format of Bug.
- Priority and Severity
- Different status of bug in Bug life cycle.
- Bug Reporting tools JIRA/Bugzilla/Quality Center
Unit 9: Test Strategy and Test Execution
- Test Execution Life cycle Process
- Different levels of Test Execution
- Sanity/ Smoke testing(Level 0)
- Test Batches or Test suite Preparation and Execution(Level 1)
- Retesting(Level 2)
- Regression Testing(Level 3)
- Bug Leakage
- Test Design
Unit 10: Test Plan
- What is Test Plan?
- Contents of test plan
- Master test plan and Testing level test plan
- Entry and Exit criteria
- Test Coverage
- Test Responsibilities
- Adhoc testing, Exploratory Testing
- General risks in test environment
Unit 11: Testing Life cycle
- Test Initiation
- Test cases sign off
- Regression Testing
- UAT testing
- Alpha and beta testing
- Monkey testing
Unit 12: Software Development Models
- Waterfall Model
- Incremental Model
- Prototype Model
- Spiral Model
- V Model
- Agile method